Monday, December 22, 2008

HO HO HO

Today we were walking through Trigs, not unusual. Hannah was in the kart and Rachel was hanging off the front ( they just LOVE that). I have been teaching Hannah to say " HO HO HO" and then Rachel says " MERRY CHRISTMAS!". So, we are walking around, and there is a guy coming our way. He is about my age ( 28) and obviously not trying to look like Santa. But the poor smuck had longer, brown hair and a beard. Hannah looked at me all excited and pointed ( the guy noticed me and my children by then). She waited till he was right next to us and said "HO HO HO" to which Rachel LOUDLY answered "MERRY CHRISTMAS" , with much arm waving and fanfair. I tried to act like I was not amused but i couldn't help it and laughed, it just exploded right out of me.
Later today I was trying to watch the news to see if tomorrow it will be warm enough to play outside...they reported that it was 3 days till Christmas. Keep in mind that i've been talking about this all day with Rachel, but hearing it from the Newspeople must had cemented it in her mind. She came racing into the kitchen jumping and yelling and leaping and saying " 3 more days, 3 more days, 3 more da.......". That last part was the part where she was making her way out of the kitchen jumping and yelling and leaping and crashed directly into the wall. It was like something off of Funniest Videos. She wailed and gnashed her teeth, all the while I was trying not to laugh.......

Ah, the holidays....

No comments: