Thursday, June 11, 2009

Summer Soccer

I must begin by saying, my husband is HOT! Now, with that out of the way....Summer signals the beginning of United Northwoods Soccer. High School girls from the surronding area practice and play together to stay "in the game" over the summer. I was checking the schedule for this week and was stuck again by how much soccer is a part of Richards, and thus my, life. Soccer season stretches us, grows us, and tightens our marriage. Long periods away from each other make us relish the times we are together, as a couple and as a family. The quotes below are as much for us as for a player. Kick It! UNS!!!










If you're attacking, you don't get as tired as when you're chasing. ~Kyle Rote, Jr.
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn't move, kick it until it does. ~Phil Woosnam, 1974
A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.
Mia Hamm quotes
I am building a fire, and everyday I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.
The vision of a champion is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when nobody else is looking

No comments: