Monday, September 22, 2008

Changes

Its the first day of Fall. I love the color, the smell and the feel of Fall. Its a good change. I was thinking about some great ladies of the Bible who met change head on, and not the over all fun kind that Fall brings. Ruth, after 10 years of marriage and no mention of any children is left widowed and alone. She chose to follow Naomi her mother in law to a land where she would be a foreigner. In the midst of her change she chose God, with His hand guiding her she walked a path that led to a man, and eventually a liniage that birthed Jesus Christ.
Another woman is Mary, Jesus's mother. She was just a young girl and was given a mission: to carry the Savior of the World! She was rejected and condemed to be stoned, but her man Joseph stood up for her. What a weight to carry, what change when she should have been planning a wedding! Yet she chose God, and because she did, we have a powerful miraculous chance to be stunned year round by the Christmas story!
It gives me tingles. These woman, who were living through the day to day and mostly likely just wanted to take a long nap and eat chocolate, chose God- that is what made the difference.
Every day I make a choice, often times I choose chocolate....what a pitty. When i choose God I find that even the biggest changes can't ruffle me, for not only have I chosen God. GOD HAS CHOSEN ME. I rest in Him!

Passage Luke 1:46-55:
The Magnificat: Mary’s Song of Praise

46 Mary responded,
“Oh, how my soul praises the Lord. 47 How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior! 48 For he took notice of his lowly servant girl, and from now on all generations will call me blessed. 49 For the Mighty One is holy, and he has done great things for me. 50 He shows mercy from generation to generation to all who fear him. 51 His mighty arm has done tremendous things! He has scattered the proud and haughty ones. 52 He has brought down princes from their thrones and exalted the humble. 53 He has filled the hungry with good things and sent the rich away with empty hands. 54 He has helped his servant Israel and remembered to be merciful. 55 For he made this promise to our ancestors, to Abraham and his children forever.”

No comments: