Thursday, September 25, 2008

Some Thoughts

Romans 12
1 And so, dear brothers and sisters,[a] I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.[b] 2 Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

What a call to action! Be a Holy Sacrifice! Be a Living Sacrifice!
My Savior's amazing grace towards me, demonstrated from creation, to His suffering on the Cross, to His working in my life even today, should compel me towards this worship.
A sacrifice can not be two things at once. In the Old Testament once an animal was sacrificed, that was it. Not only does Christ call us to be a sacrifice but a holy and living one. So, moving ahead 100% living in holy , living worship to my King, I will be lead by the Holy Spirit, in tune with the will of God for my life.
The world has many examples of what worship should be. It is so easy to get caught up in the muck of " doing" for the sake of " doing" . This kind of act is not worship, it isn't living, thus, it isn't Holy! I must begin my worship by sacrificing my idea of worship, and exchanging it for the living Holy worship that God desires! What follows is a trasformation, a new person, a worshipful person, a living person!
I want to live! I want to be in tune with my King! I want to WORSHIP!!!

Listen to Jana Alyra's " I wanna Do Right" for inspiration!

No comments: